|3 - 4 Servings|
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup shallots (green onions), finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup whole tomatoes
- 2 cups fish stock
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- dash of cayenne
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups crawfish meats
- In a large saucepan melt butter and sauté onion, celery and shallots until tender.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Stir in flour and stir constantly until golden brown. Add tomatoes and brown.
- Blend in stock and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, cayenne, Worcestershire sauce and crawfish, cook slowly 15 5o 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with hot rice.
|Recipes for TourLouisiana.com provided|
exclusively by Louisiana Cookin' magazine.
Click here for more information.
Return to Recipe List