- 1 large pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, in all
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce or pre-made pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, green parts only
- 1 pound peeled Louisiana crawfish tails
- Salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1/2 pound freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or lightly oil the baking sheet.
- Place the pizza bread crust on the prepared pan, then spread it evenly with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the oil. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the green onions and the crawfish tails and season to taste with salt and cayenne.
- Cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool.
- Spread the crawfish mixture over the tomato sauce, then top with the cheeses. Sprinkle with the oregano.
- Bake until the cheese melts and the sauce bubbles, about 20 minutes.
- Cut into wedges to serve.