- 1/2 Cup Gran Duque d'Alba Brandy
- 2 Tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 3 Cups hot strong black coffee
- 3 Sugar cubes
- 1/4 Cup slivered or grated lemon peel
- 1/4 Cup slivered or greated orange peel
- 6 Whole cloves
- 1 Two-inch cinnamon stick
- In a copper Brûlot bowl or chafing dish, combine the cinnamon, cloves, citrus peel and sugar cubes.
- Place over medium heat and crush together, using the back of a large ladle.
- Add the brandy and Grand Marnier to the ladle, light with a long match, then pour the flaming liqueur into the pan.
- Stir thoroughly and simmer, stirring, to dissolve the sugar.
- As the flames begin to die out, gradually add the black coffee.
- Ladle into Brûlot or demitasse cups, leaving out the spices and citrus peels behind and serve at once.
* Created by Arnaud's.