|Spicy Spinach & Artichoke Dip|
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (1 stick)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons Original TABASCO® brand Pepper Sauce
- Salt to taste
- Toasted pita bread wedges
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (1 cup)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan or skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, artichokes, cream cheese, sour cream, 3/4 cup of the Monterey Jack cheese, 3/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, TABASCO® Sauce and salt.
- Stir until well blended and heated through.
- Pour mixture into a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish and top with remaining 1/4 cup Monterey Jack and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a 350°F oven until cheese starts to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with pita bread and garnish with tomatoes.