|Yields 6 servings - Compliments of Chef Patrick Mould |
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 & 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon minced, seeded jalapeno peppers
- One 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- One 14-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 cups shrimp or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chili powder plus 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 & 1/2 pounds fish cut into, chunks
- 1/2 pound peeled shrimp
- 1/2 pound crawfish tails
- Heat olive oil in 3-quart saucepot. Add onion, jalapeno and garlic. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken or shrimp broth, tomato paste, cilantro, 2 tablespoons chili powder, salt, cumin and hot sauce. Bring to simmer, cover and cook for 30 minute. Uncover, pot and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Season fish with remaining 1 teaspoon chili powder, add to pot, cover and for 10 minutes carefully stirring after 5 minutes of cooking.
- Stir in shrimp and crawfish tails and cook for an additional 10 minutes.