|Cajun Potato Salad |
|Serves 6 - 8|
- 2 pounds red potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon green onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Creole style mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely snipped parsley
- 4 bacon slices, cooked crisp
- In a medium saucepan, cook potatoes in salted water until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from pan and dice.
- Place in a medium bowl and add tomatoes green onions, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss gently. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl combine vinegar, mustard and cayenne pepper.
- Add oil in a thin stream, heating constantly.
- Stir in parsley.
- Add dressing and bacon to potatoes and toss gently.
- Allow potatoes to absorb dressing at least 15 minutes before serving.