- 12 savory (unsweetened) crêpes
- 8 ounces fresh, unseasoned goat cheese
- 3/4 ounce (about 1 1/2 tablespoons) minced shallots
- Pinch plus 1 tablespoon salt, in all
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1/4 cup julienned tomato
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Chardonnay
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 1 cup fresh, peeled Louisiana shrimp
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 3 cups heavy cream
- In a mixer, cream the goat cheese with the shallots, pinch of salt, and pepper.
- Divide the filling between the 12 crêpes and roll the crêpes.
- Heat in a 350°F oven until the internal temperature is 145°F.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat.
- Sauté the onions and bell peppers; add the garlic, Creole seasoning, and remaining tablespoon salt.
- Cook 2 minutes, then add tomatoes.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine and add the heavy cream.
- Stir until smooth and continue to cook until the sauce clings to the back of a spoon.
- Add the shrimp, and break the butter into the sauce while stirring.
- When the shrimp are cooked through (after about 5 minutes) and the butter is fully incorporated, remove sauce from heat.
- Place 2 crêpes on each plate and pour the sauce over them.
Muriel’s Jackson Square, New Orleans, LA,